Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tunesday: The Gospel Whiskey Runners

Well, today Mumford & Sons came out with a new record today. I was thinking about choosing them for my Tunesday spotlight, but since most of you  have probably heard of them, I decided to go with a local (Visalia Native) folk/rock band that I love.



Band/Musician: The Gospel Whiskey Runners
Where I heard it first: Angelica and I went to see The Weepies at the Visalia Fox Theater a couple years ago and these guys opened up for them. It was actually just the guitarist and female singer/tambourine player at the time. She was also VERY pregnant. I was wondering if I should have 911 ready to go just in case. Even without a full band, these guys blew me away. They were incredible. They had such a powerful, genuine stage presence that so few bands have.
Listen if you like: Good tunes. Folk. Country. Rock. Soul. Jazz. Mumford & Sons. The Lumineers. Edward Sharpe.  John Mark McMillan
Notable songs: "Hold On" "The Wound" "Muddy Waters" "I Am A Ghost"


"Hold On"

"The Wound"


Last year they had a Kickstarter campaign, and I just think their story is amazing. They're using their gift of music to spread God's word throughout bars, night clubs, street corners and homeless shelters. What an encouragement!

If you like what you hear, you can download it for free (it's completely legal!) at http://noisetrade.com/gwr

Happy Listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment