Thursday, September 20, 2012

Throwback Thursday: Electronic Pets

Who had a Tamogotchi? 
Who remembers them?
Nano Pet?
Giga Pet?




I used to love this thing. I eventually had one that was a puppy and one that was The Little Mermaid, but this kind was my first one. I got it for my birthday. I think I was in the fifth grade at the time. We all had them. At one point, they even banned them from school because were more worried about keeping their pet alive than they were with Reading and Arithmetic.

But really... that didn't stop us from using them on campus. I know, I know... Rebels.


Did you know...

  • It was first made in Japan and the Japanese word means "Egg Watch."
  • 76 million have been sold world-wide.
  • Since their creation in 1996, there have been 44 different versions.
  • First generations of Tamogotchi wouldn't even survive half a day if you left it alone so students would bring them to school which resulted in schools banning them.
I think I might even have one of these little guys lying around in a box somewhere.
Let's hope so! Time to bust this bad boy out...

1 comment:

  1. I had 2 Giga Pets. My first one was a 101 Dalmatians one, which was probably the one I played with most. The second one was a little more advanced and allowed you to choose for several different breeds of dogs. It even allowed you to pause it. O_o But yeah, I remember that craze.

    ReplyDelete