Monday, October 1, 2012

Time to Color the Town: 5K Style

Saturday was a day of firsts for me!

1. Doing a 5K.
2. Doing a colorful 5K.
3. Doing a colorful 5K while still being slightly sick from my horrible sick day on Friday.

I paid my money, picked up our packets, was having a friend spend the weekend and nothing was going to stop me from taking part in Color Me Rad. Plus, this was something I had been been looking forward to a couple months.

Well, we rolled our tired bums out of bed and made our way over to  Woodward Park. It was so crazy over there. Those who organize the event, need a better way of doing things. Our wave time was 9:15 and we didn't cross the start line until almost 10 a.m.

While I'm not normally one who likes to be last, this time it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. The best part was being able to spend extra time at each color station.

Before:

Christina, me, Angelica

We were lucky enough to have Sam be mister Ninja Photographer for the day. He had waaaay too much doing that. 

Annnnd here's our Baywatch photo. 





Christina and I rolled in the pink powder while Angelica had half a box dumped on her. The perks of being last!

I pretty much look like a zombie coming out of the blue fog. Creeeeepy.



Here's our after photo:


 We even got a picture with Parker! He the Fresno Grizzlies' mascot.

We finally made it back to the car where we were exhausted and starving.


We decided to go to Chipotle to fuel up. They didn't say anything about us eating inside, so we were happy! 


And I couldn't let Sam get away with getting at least a little color on him. HUGS!


Even with the complications and aggravations we experienced in the beginning, it was still a super fun morning. It was so fun to get out and do something different. I mean, especially since I spend most of my day in an office, at a desk, it was great to get outside.

And you know the best part? A portion of the money went toward The Ronald McDonald house. What a great thing for those families in need!

Apparently, 10,000 people were there! That's crazy! I'm hoping they come through out town again next year because when else would I get the opportunity to run throw colored corn starch, roll on the ground and act like a kid again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment