Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tunesday: Autumn/Winter Playlist

While people are packing away their Summer clothes to make room for their winter jackets and scarves, I'm bringing out my end-of-the-year tunes! I tend to listen to music depending on the season. I can't even describe why I listen to music according to the season, but I do.

I don't know what makes a song an Autumn song instead of a Summer song.
Maybe it's just the mood of the song.
Or maybe it's an album that I discovered during that season.
I think it might also be related to what I listening to when something important was going on in my life.

For instance, I remember getting the first She & Him album the first semester I was at Fresno State and away from home. I don't think it left my cd player at all that Fall. It just made me feel better when I was feeling homesick for some reason.

And for some reason, I love listening to Joshua Radin in the car when it's raining. He's my rainy day guy.

Here are my Autumn/winter favorites:

1. Simon & Garfunkal
2. Jack's Mannequin
3. Joshua Radin
4. She & Him
5. Michael Buble (even though I listen to him all year long)
6. The Gospel Whiskey Runners
7. Jamie Cullum
8. The Weepies
9. Death Cab For Cutie
10. The Postal Service

And of course, after Thanksgiving, I'll bring out my Christmas music. Thanks to Spotify, I can make a pretty great playlist to listen to at work. I'm super excited about that. Speaking of Spotify, I definitely think you should check out the bands I listed above on Spotify. I know you won't regret it.

Do you have any favorites?

As always, happy listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment