Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tunesday: Nick Waterhouse




Band/Musician: Nick Waterhouse & The Tarots
Where I heard it first: Through a blog post written by my friend, Angelica. She heard it on Parenthood, which is also a favorite show of mine, I just didn't notice how amazing the song was at first.
Listen if you like:  Hard to compare him to anyone. Anything old school. Buddy Holly. Chuck Berry. When I first heard him, I wasn't sure if he was in his twenties or some sixty-year-old dude. I asked Angelica for some suggestions and she said: Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings, Mayer Hawthorne and Mel Torme
Notable songs: "I Can Only Give You Everything," "Is That Clear," "Raina" Actually, just go listen to the whole album. I love it all, and I rarely say that.

Angelica and I went to The Getty in July and saw him there. It was pretty much amazing.


He's my newest favorite musician, so I knew he had to be my first Tunesday Spotlight. I hope you enjoy him as much as I have. Here are a couple of videos I took of him at the show:



I wish I could have gotten this posted sooner, but Youtube videos take forever to load!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry for all the yelling/talking in the video. I was so excited! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And rightfully so! No need to apologize, SFAM! It was an awesome night!

      Delete