Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pinsday Wednesday: Flat Iron Cozy edition

Wednesday shall be known on this blog as Pinsday!
That means I shall share something I did from Pinterest (good or bad) or something that I just like a lot. We'll see how it goes. I've recently become completely attached to that website. I refuse to believe it's a bad thing. I shall share my findings with you.

Now you may be wondering what a hair straightener and an oven mitt are doing together. Well, turns out they're soul mates.


I have been wanting something I can put my straightener in when it's hot, but I can't really seem to find anything. Then I saw this on pinterest:

http://yourcreativejuices.blogspot.com/2010/09/flat-iron-holder.html
http://yourcreativejuices.blogspot.com/2010/09/flat-iron-holder.html

Brilliant! Since my crafty skills don't extend to sewing, I did it my own way. I went to TJ Maxx to buy an oven mitt (it's next to Target and I had to go there anyway). I stuck the flat iron in there, folded it over, grabbed a hairtie and VOILA!... my own makeshift hot flat iron holder.


This may seem silly to you, but it is quite revolutionary to me. I can't believe I never thought of this!
Anyway, I am looking for a new straightener. Any suggestions on a decently-priced one? I want one with a timer on it. A couple months ago, I was staying in a hotel and ended up leaving it on for several hours. It wasn't until I got up at 4 a.m. to use the restroom that I realized it was still hot and plugged in. I've been wanting one with a timer every since! Suggest away!

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment