Friday, August 24, 2012

Random Fact Friday: Milk is evil

Fact: I'm allergic to milk.

I've always had lactose issues. It's gotten better since I've gotten older, but I still try to stay away as much as I can. Whenever I do have a lot of milk or milk products, I always end up regretting it.

And to quote one of my favorite Will Ferrell movies...


I love chocolate. Luckily, I love dark chocolate the most. It not only has less milk in it, but is better for you. Win Win.

But during the Summer, what I love the most is ice cream. And since my in-laws own their own ice cream store, staying away from it is pretty much impossible since I want to bring some home with me whenever we go down to visit. 

My husband found chocolate ice cream made with coconut milk at Trader Joe's! It's pretty much amazing, and I don't feel icky after having some. While it doesn't taste exactly the same, it's pretty close. They also make Strawberry. 


I'm happy to have found this simple sweet substitute for my love of ice cream -- chocolate ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment