Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tunesday: The Civil Wars



Band/Musician: The Civil Wars
Where I heard it first: Sam first heard them on Noisetrade and showed them to me. They didn't really stand out to me until I heard them on an episode of One Tree Hill.
Listen if you like: Folk. I can honestly say that I have no idea who else they sound like. I think that's why I love them so much. She (Joy Williams) used to be a Christian solo artist. I didn't care for her much so I'm glad she found the Johnny Depp look alike to join forces with.
Notable songs: "Poison & Wine" "Barton Hollow" "20 Years"

Here's my very favorite, "Poison & Wine."



"Barton Hollow"


"Safe & Sound" with Taylor Swift. I was reminded of this song while watching The Hunger Games a few nights ago. Now I'm not normally a Taylor Swift fan, but I really love this song. It's incredibly beautiful.


Hope you enjoyed them as much as I do!

1 comment: