Monday, October 3, 2011

A Wonderful Wedding Weekend


I love weddings.
I enjoy watching two people who love each other so much they have decided to commit their lives to each other.  All their friends and family come together to watch them start the rest of their lives. It's truly a beautiful thing that God created.

Weddings are also fun because every one is so completely different. I love seeing how people individualize their special day to their specific tastes; colors, themes, decorations, cake flavors. I have to say though, that Tim and Jenna's wedding was the most unique, well-thought out wedding I've ever attended.

Get in a time machine and let's jump back to Thursday night. Sam and I left Fresno after I got off work and spent that night in Porterville to shave some time off our drive to Redlands since Sam had to be at the Mitten Building at noon for rehearsal. Thursday night, we tied hemp rope around cookie bags. The cookies were lovely, and I must say, look at how awesome the bows look. Yup, I was a part of that process.


Friday morning we drove down to Redlands. Got there, did the rehearsal thing, then went to Tim and Jenna's house and pretty much hung out there for the rest of the day. We got to the hotel pretty late, but we were pleased with how nice the hotel was. We stayed at Ayres Hotels because of a really sweet deal we got on Travelocity. It was especially awesome because I decided to take a bubble bath and could see the television from the bathtub... so I watched Melissa McCarthy host SNL! It was awesome.


Anyway, Saturday morning we got up and went to grab breakfast. Another great thing about Ayres was their breakfast. They had bacon, sausage, eggs, potatoes, waffles, coffee, fruit, cereal, bagels, pastries... pretty much anything you can think of. And this was all included in the hotel bill. After breakfast, Krista (my brother-in-law's wife.. so.. my sister-in-law, right??) and I went to get a mani/pedi before the wedding. After walking there, and realizing how hot it was, we decided to have one of the husbands come get us, so Sam picked us up.

Got ready, then it was weddin' time. Got to The Mitten Building a couple hours before the wedding started, helped tie some chair bows and what not. Everyone gathered upstairs, anticipating the ceremony.

I always love watching the groom as his bride makes her way down the aisle. 




Jenna listening intently to what Tim has to say to her.








Mr. & Mrs. Tim and Jenna Lopez!!


Cutting of the cake!


This is me having fun and taking pictures of the centerpieces.







Yes, I love him.


Of course my pictures didn't come out this way, I threw on a 70s filter to complement the "vintage" theme. My only regret of the weekend is forgetting to get a picture of Sam and I all dressed up. He looked so snazzy!

Congratulations & Best Wishes to Tim and Jenna! 
Now to unpack...

No comments:

Post a Comment