Thursday, October 27, 2011

Day 277: 365 Project

On Saturday night, Sam and I are going to a Mad Men themed birthday party for a friend of mine. Figuring out what to wear has been fun, but also a little difficult. After scouring the internet, I realized that I can wear a fancy dress that I already have. After that was decided, I just needed to figure out accessories. Well, a fancy dress calls for a fancy hat.

I went to the mall and found basically nothing. I needed something inexpensive. I found a hat at JcPenney that would work. It was black and had a black flower on it made from the same material of the hat. I figured I could do something with it, so I bought it.

After my amazing husband removed the black flower, I made this:


I don't know if that's where I'll put the flowers, but that's basically what it'll look like.
I got the cream colored and light pink flowers at Joann's. I attached the golden things in the middle (what it's actually called escapes me) and the pearls.

I'm very excited to wear it on Saturday, along with the rest of my '60s attire.

No comments:

Post a Comment