Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 57: 365 Project

It poured yesterday! Well, not all day, just when I was on my way to work. I was 15 minutes late to my first students house because people are annoying. First, it was raining so badly that I couldn't see out my windshield. It lets up before I get on the 41. I get on there and traffic is pretty much stopped. I had about 3 miles until I got to the off ramp I needed to take. I was worried because I figured there was an accident. I go about 2 miles in this bumper to bumper traffic to see that there was an accident... going the opposite direction. The people going south (the direction I was going) were just being rubberneckers and that's why I was running 10 minutes late. I was so mad. The accident wasn't even on our side! Then I finally turn off on McKinley. I always cross over train tracks, but there's never a train. This time though? Of course there's a train. And it had just started coming in my direction, so I was stopped for another 5 minutes. It was ridiculous. I felt horrible about being so late, but they completely understood which was nice of them. Nice family. I can't communicate much with the parents because they only speak spanish, but it's nice that their daughter (the one I tutor) can translate for me. Right when I walked in the door they're like, "The rain wouldn't let you come?!" Haha. Then I told them about the accident and the train. Crazy Friday.

I also tutor a set of first grade twins who are the girls of a million questions, but I still adore them. When I got there, it was like each home had their own little pond. It was completely flooded!


Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment