Friday, December 30, 2011

Day 341, 342, 343, 344, 345, 346 & 347: 365 Project

How my office celebrates Christmas

This year I got to take part of Christmas festivities at work. I started the season with arranging gift baskets for our agents. I also helped set up the Christmas tree. 

We went to Roger Rocka's Dinner Theater for a Christmas Party with other Insurance people. I've never seen so many insurance people in my life! We ate good food and saw clips from their recent show, Nunsesations.


We also did a cookie exchange at work. I made peanut butter chocolate bars that my grandma and mom make all the time. I love those cookies! It was my first time making them, and while they didn't turn out perfect, they were still pretty good. I received 12 different kinds of cookies (12 dozen each!). It was fun to try different kinds of cookies.

Everyone set out their cookies, then we went into the conference room and grabbed one of each kind.


This was my box full of cookies once I finished. Everything from brownies, to rice krispie treats, to Gingersnaps, to coffee cookies. All yummy. 


We also had a desk decorating contest. The agents who came in to meet with the underwriters were the judges. This kind of sucked for administration people like me because of course the agents will have a bias, and, well, I don't have any agents. Three underwriters ended up winning. On the last day of voting, one of the agents came by and told me that he voted for mine because Snoopy was his favorite. Not a big deal though, I still had a lot of fun decorating my desk.

Yes, my desk was Peanuts Christmas themed, of course. Oh yes, and I totally love having two computer screens. It has spoiled me so much! I want two at home.


I even put a Santa hat on my cow calendar.


My favorite part was the Peanuts Nativity Scene Play that I bought at Barnes & Noble (ironically enough where I'm writing this blog from right now). I got it before I even knew there was a contest at work.


Well, my desk wasn't completely Peanuts themed. Had to put up my Christmas Michael Buble bag I got when I bought a T-shirt at his concert in August. Maybe this was my favorite part.


I didn't get any pictures of it, but we also had a potluck and white elephant gift exchange. I got a Bath & Body Works gift card. And our employers got us each a kindle! It was such a pleasant surprise. I can't wait to play around with it some more.

Christmas at work was a lot of fun. I can't believe I've already been there almost seven months. Time sure does fly. It's been fun learning something completely different. I'm so completely blessed to work with such a wonderful bunch of people too. Everyone is so nice and they've all been so helpful whenever I've had a question. I really do love it there even though it has nothing to do with what I had studied in school. It's also fantastic working there because the majority of them are Christians. It makes the workplace so much more pleasant.

So far, it's been a wonderful "first real job."

No comments:

Post a Comment