Friday, September 2, 2011

Ημέρα 239, 240, 241 & 242: 365 πρόγραμμα

                          
Just to mention a few things that we enjoyed at The Annual Greek Festival this last Saturday afternoon.

We arrived and immediately went for the food. I got a chicken kabob and some Greek fries. I had been looking forward to those fries since I had some for the first time last year. I ended up sharing them with the group. The Sams (my husband and another friend) both got Gyros. Jesse got a Lamb kabob and some rice. All the food was so tasty. The food alone is reason enough to go to the festival. We even got to see half the Stewart family. It was great catching up a bit with them.



Kope sporting is Greek outfit. Not entirely sure what it's called.

We even did some wine tasting. I didn't really like most of them since I don't actually care for the taste of alcohol, but it was still something fun to do there.


Other than it being insanely hot, it was a wonderful afternoon spend with great friends, wonderful food and fun entertainment. Can't wait to attend again next year!

OPA!
(According to Urban Dictionary, Opa means "a Greek word used to describe a jubilant emotion of/during 'celebration'" or 
"a word that Greek people use for no apparent reason at all." -- Personally, I like the latter)

1 comment: