Friday, September 9, 2011

Day 243: 365 Project


This is the only picture I have from last weekend. For some reason, we didn't take any pictures, which is super unusual. It was me taking a goodbye picture of nice, cool air.

We spent our Labor Day weekend in San Jose with Valarie and Richard. It was nice to get away from home, and the heat to hang out with some great friends. I hadn't seen Val since May and before that, November. Much too long to go without seeing your bestest friend.

We did a lot of hanging out at their place and watching Weeds.
We also did some antique/thrift shopping and I got some super cute, cheap stuff. I love thrift stores.
We also went to the Gilroy Outlets where I drooled over nearly everything in the Fossil store. We also went into a bookstore that was closing down -- everything was $1!!
Valarie and I also went into the Sanrio store. I have so many memories with the Sanrio store. I used to love going there when I was kid.

Monday morning, Sam and I went to Ikea. Our main goal was movie shelves that hang on the wall. We were also looking for a new, small kitchen table. The one we have is so big for just the two of us. Time to downsize!

We left with:
1 Kitchen table plus four chairs
4 wall movie shelves - $6 each!
1 wall hanging magazine rack - Originally $20 for $7.99!
1 set of 6 drinking glasses  - $6.99!
2 white picture frames - $1.99 each

We did really well and I can't wait to put our new home items to use. I'll post pictures when everything is all set up.

We headed back home Monday evening.
It was a great trip.
Needless to say, it was a perfect weekend!

1 comment:

  1. You forgot the guitar hero part!!! Haha thanks again for coming up we had a great time see you guys! And I will see you tomorrow :) yayayaya

    ReplyDelete