Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering Ten Years Ago

It's been sad watching what the attack on September 11, 2001 did to America. I'm not even just talking about the past ten years, I'm talking about today too. There have been so many news headlines today that have talked threats, scares, paranoia, etc. Places have shut down, including the Fresno Amtrak station because of suspicious baggage. People have been scared on planes because of "suspicious behavior," which on any other day probably wouldn't be thought twice about.

Because of the horrific day 10 years ago, people are spending their lives without the people closest to them. Men and women spend months, even years, away from their families to fight for their country. Lives are tragically, and unjustly torn apart for no good reason. If you don't support the war, support the troops and their families. 

I remember that day 10 years ago. I was just 13 years old, and was in my first couple weeks in high school. I remember my mom running into my room to turn on the television. Looking at the timeline I found, it had to be footage of the first plane. Then I had to go to school, not knowing really what was going to happen next. I remember a friend of mine carrying around a radio listening to the events to come. In my classes, we really did nothing that day, but watch news reports. We also discussed what was going on and tried to comprehend why this was happening. Being that we were all fairly young, we probably didn't understand the importance of what was happening, I know I didn't. 

Ten years later, I know that no one will ever be able to understand why this happened. The picture below I pulled from a Google search. I knew that there was a Ground Zero Cross, but I didn't know where it was from or who made it until I researched it. 

The results give me hope. 
Hope in knowing that while terrible things happen, God shines through. 


This cross wasn't made by man, it was part of what was left from the World Trade Center. Among all the debris and heartache was this 20-foot steel beam cross. I don't believe in coincidences, so I don't think this was just something random. I know this comes from the One above, simply reminding us to have faith, and hope in knowing He will give us comfort through the good and bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment