Friday, September 9, 2011

Day 244: 365 Project

A wonderful ending to a very strange, but interesting evening.
This, my friends, is a Strawberry Margarita Cupcake from Frosted Cakery. It was delectable. Not only was it  super cute, but it was so tasty. I'm assuming that the top of it had some salt in it, because I definitely tasted salt. It was like a real margarita!


Tonight started out strange, and the theme continued. I went to meet Angelica and Kristin at Tower Theater for Fresno Filmworks to see the French film, "The Names of Love." I arrived late due to a lot of traffic. I think people were confused because of the rain. Eventually got there, met up with them inside the theater and watched the movie.

Filmworks are always a mystery. First off, I never know what the movie is when I go. I just go because it's the thing the three of us do. For the most part, it's always a foreign movie and always really weird. I think we've disliked (and been completely confused) more films than we have leaving and falling in love with one. It's still fun to get together and see a movie. I find it more fun for us to talk about a terribly confusing movie than discussing a movie we really liked.

The movie tonight was decent. It was definitely one of the better ones we've seen, but still seemed to lack focus. That's happened with the majority of the foreign films we've seen.

After the movie, we went to Irene's.

I checked into Irene's via FourSquare. It was taking too long to "set the check-in" so I just set my phone on the table and forgot about it. We were sitting inside, and this group sat outside next to our window. Not long after they sat down, the guy with the crazy green hair came over and tapped on the window and showed a picture of me to us. We were really creeped out by this. How did he get a picture of me? It was a picture that was like two years old. Eventually, after he comes over to show us, I look at my phone and realize that I became mayor of Irene's Cafe. Waaay better. Still a little weird, but better.

The food is wonderful there, but the service is terrible. I think that's half the fun though. Had it been our first time there, and not the 50th time, we probably wouldn't go back. Many times has our waiter vanished, only to see him walk in 15 minutes later with a Venti Starbucks drink. The service tonight was no different. We had to get up from the table to go to the front to pay, and the kid who took our money was really confused. I wouldn't be surprised if he was a character from 3rd Rock From the Sun, or has no friends he goes out to eat with.

This is what happened with our check:
Price was about $30 for all of us. They just put all of us on the same tab. We wanted it split up. Angelica hands him a $20 for her meal, then Kristin and I had him our credit cards for our portion. He doesn't ask us who ate what, he just walks away. We're standing there waiting... for... something. At this point, I figure he is just going to split the check three ways. Not a big deal.

But no.

He comes back with a receipt for me to sign, one for Kristin, and no change for Angelica. I look at my receipt and it charged my credit card about $5. Well, that's just a few dollars off. Kristin's was the exact same.

So what happened? He kept Angelica's $20, then cut the remaining bill in half between Kristin and I. Um. What?! Who does that?! It was weird, but gave us a some laughs. I ended up buying Angelica's cupcake.

Yes, very strange evening, but had a great time with some awesome friends. And even had a super yummy cupcake.

No comments:

Post a Comment