Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 103: 365 Project


Last night Sam and I went to the Pregnancy Center Fundraiser Banquet last night. This was in front of the Memorial Building that the banquet took place in. Thought it was pretty cool looking. Plus, it gave me the chance to use the camera on my new phone. And I must say, looks pretty good!!

Anyway, while Sam and I couldn't actually donate any money, I'm going to try and donate my time as a receptionist. There's an orientation on April 28, and I'm planning to go to that assuming I don't have a job that will conflict with it. Should be fun and a wonderful experience. I'm looking forward to it!

Bruce Wilkinson, author of Prayer of Jabez, was the guest speaker. He was hilarious. The pregnancy center's donation goal for for this fundraiser was $250,000 and people donated $326,000! Praise God! Last year, they saved 500 babies from abortion and their goal this year is 1,000 babies. I think them surpassing their donations goal is a bit of foreshadowing and they'll save more than 1,000 babies this year!

Exciting stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment