Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 81 & 82: 365 Project

The big unveiling!! .. Okay, not really. But check out my cool "new" stuff! :) First! I was really excited to see this in their newsletter email:

Anyway... out with the "old"... A record player I've had for probably 5 years. It's worked wonderfully during that time and still does! Oh yes, and those are my records. I need more room so I can get more. I started buying records before I had a record player. Yay for Salvation Army!


And... in with the... even older... Sooooooo much better than my other one!! Doesn't even compare!


 It's all just... so beautiful! Yes, a Sansai SR-222! FOR FREE. :) Looks like it's from the '70s and possibly one of the first made by that company. Sam and I went into Spinners Records to speak with the owner about what to get for it (his store was the one that donated the turn table). Anyway, we needed to get an amplifier and speakers. The amplifier is AWESOME. He had it hooked up already. Both are from the '70s also. I need vintage speakers and amplifier for a vintage turn table, right? I thought so. Anyway, so Sam and I were debating what to do. We were looking through his vinyls and Sam came across this Sinatra Trilogy, which I REALLY wanted! It was priced at $20. Don, the owner, said that if we bought the amplifier and the speakers ($140 -- such a steal!), then he would throw in the record for free. I'm pretty sure that was the final mark made in the pro side of my mental pro/con list!

That's obviously not where we're going to put it. I just wanted to put it all together to take a picture! I seriously can't wait to set it up! So excited!! Want to hear that Sinatra vinyl the way it was meant to be heard!

 Thanks again Picture Fresno and Spinners Records!
www.picturefresno.com
www.spinnersrecords.com

No comments:

Post a Comment