Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 & 74: 365 Project

Theme: Filtering Fresno

Well, Picture Fresno is awesome. It's such a fun idea! They have biweekly contests where one posts a picture to coordinate with the theme of the week. This time the theme is "authentically Fresno." This was a theme that was a lot of fun to think about! I think I came up with a pretty good idea. Anyway, then once you choose the picture for "authentically Fresno," add the 70s filter from http://picplz.com/ . This site is so much fun! The filters are great. Oh! And you're supposed to take the picture with your cell phone, which I did!

Here's the picture I chose to post:


If you like it, you should vote for it. This week, instead of judges' choice, it's voters choice.
So go vote here: http://picturefresno.com/photos/2011/03/05/its-showtime
AND on their Facebook page (you'll have to scroll down a bit for my picture): http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/PictureFresno

Here are some of the other pictures I considered:

I took this at Christmas Tree Lane in December. I like how the lights are reflecting off the ground.

I took this one a couple years ago. I didn't take it with my phone, that's why I took it out of the running, but I still really like this picture!

I went to Teazer last week because, well, their tea is amazing. I don't even like tea! ... they just make it taste so wonderful. Anyway, a huge part of the tower district, and downtown, are murals (and I don't mean the graffiti).


Everyone inside Teazer. Thought this was a pretty nifty shot.

I still REALLY like this picture! I was going to post this on the site, then decided I wanted a picture of the Tower Theater all lite up! Plus, it bugged me that the top was cut off.

These blossoming trees represent the Valley, and they're evil. My allergies have been out of whack for the last week. I just got over my sinus infection, now my allergies are going bonkers! I just wish they weren't so beautiful...

Yay! Finally caught up! And this should last me until Tuesday. On Wednesday, hopefully I'll be back to posting one picture a day. Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Didn't Teazer use to be some sort of a restaurant. Is that in Tower District?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... maybe. I'm not sure! I don't think I've lived here long enough to know.

    ReplyDelete