Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 12: 365 Project

"Attack of the Ducks! .... and an apple?"


Okay, this post actually has two parts.

Part 1 - The Apple Man: On Facebook I did that whole "Pay it Forward 2011" thing where you give the first five people to comment on your status something that you made yourself. I made Angelica this Apple Man. 

Here's the breakdown:
1. Apple body: Well, I wasn't sure what to use for the body so Sam and I were at Walmart looking around. Then I was like, maybe an apple? And Sam said, "well an apple is related to The Beatles." Angelica loves The Beatles. Then I was reminded that it was and I was like Have to get the green one then!
2. The mustache: Because Angelica is a mustache connoisseur. Pretty sure she would grow one herself if she could. I made the mustache out of felt.
3. Googly eyes: Just because googly eyes are awesome
4. Top hat: Because Angelica is a top hat wearin' gal. I was especially proud of how the top hat turned out. It's made out of construction paper and purple felt.
5. The Beatles Album: Like I said before, she loves that band and that's her favorite album. I just printed out a copy of the album cover and glued it to a piece of cardboard.

I was pretty happy with how it turned out! Had a lot of fun making it too!

Part 2: Given to me by Angelica... Rubber Duckies!!

Just before Christmas, Angelica came over and noticed that I had a variety of rubber duckies set up in front of my television. She asked me if I collected rubber duckies, I paused and thought about it, and Sam quickly answered for me with a "YES!" and I'm just like, "I guess I do." Never really thought about it before. This sort of information Angelica uses for evil. Well, not really, but I see my home being filled it mountains and mountains of different duckies now that she knows. And you know what? I'm perfectly alright with that.

She got me the hippie duck because she wants me to think of her. Love it! Then she got me the two Christmas duckies which are so completely awesome. Had I not been distracted while taking this picture, I would have noticed that one duckie was stealing the other duckie's thunder, but it's okay. The duckie in front has the most awesome hat! And the other duckie with the crazy hair -- if that's hair -- lights up! It's like a rave or something. So fun! So I was happy to add these four to my rubber duckie family. Welcome to the gang, guys!

Wow! Day 12 and I have yet to miss one! Watch... now tomorrow I'm unable to post.

1 comment:

  1. The apple man (Mean Mr. Mustard) is the bomb! And, I like that Paul McCartney makes an appearance in this photo as well.

    ReplyDelete