Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 10: 365 Project

and the Light overcame the darkness
"The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it." - John 1:5


Just to let you know, this picture wasn't taken today. In my 365 folder on my desktop, I have an extras folder inside that holds pictures that I take randomly to use on days I don't get the opportunity to take a picture. And yes, you just got a sneak peak at how freakishly organized my computer is. Don't be alarmed!

Anyway, I love candles. They're all over my apartment. This particular candle was used in the wedding proposal process! Therefore, it's extra special. 

I also just really like this picture. I love how dark it is, but the light from the fire brings about such brightness in this photo. I think this is a wonderful way to remember how even in the darkest of times, having faith in Jesus Christ can bring the light that nothing else can. That's especially what I need to remember, especially now when I'm trying figure out what I'm supposed to do with my life since graduating. I was turned down from the job I really wanted because I didn't meet all the requirements, but I'm trying to remind myself that God has a plan for me and I just need to give it to him fully. If he didn't want me there, then I don't want to be there.

The Jan. 2 chapter in Oswald Chamber's book, "My Utmost for His Highest," really spoke to me and I see it being the chapter I continually go to throughout the year for reminders to trust God. It says, "The only thing you know is that God knows what He is doing. Continually examine your attitude toward God to see if you are willing to 'go out' in every area of your life, trusting in God entirely." I challenge you to remind yourself of this because I think it's a key component of a Christian's life that's often looked over. 

Another great thing to remember is: "Believe God is always the God you know Him to be when you are nearest to Him. Then think how unnecessary and disrespectful worry is!" I've never thought about it this way before! Not only is God the same throughout time, but he's got your back! Worrying gets you nowhere and who are we to worry about what the Creator of the world is doing with our lives? He has it all under control. Of course we can't go worry-free, that's just a part of human nature, but that doesn't mean it's necessary, so every time you worry about something (large or small) be comforted in knowing that Christ knows what he's doing.

Wow. That turned out to be a lot longer than expected, but it's just something that's been on my heart a lot lately. Hope it encourages you as much as it's encouraged me!

1 comment:

  1. That is very true that if you think about how great God is, it makes all your worries seem pretty silly (and sinful)! Thanks for the reminder that we need to look to Him always!

    Sorry you're having trouble finding a job, but as you said, God definitely has a plan for you, and He will find you the perfect job in His timing!

    ReplyDelete