Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day 292, 293, 294, 295, 296 & 297: 365 Project

Men in suits, women in dresses, everyone smoking candy cigarettes and drinking cocktails just cuts the surface in describing this Mad Men themed birthday party. I've never had more fun dressing up for a party than I did for my friend Kristin's birthday party.

Not only was it so much fun to see what these ladies and gents decided to wear to their office party at Sterling Cooper on Madison Avenue in New York City, but it was wonderfully decorated and well-thought out as well.

First thing I noticed when I walked in was the floor to wall (well, pretty close to being that big) wooden slab with cut out letters reading Sterling Cooper. It was amazing and just like the one on the show.



Kristin's husband, Jeremy, played bartender for the evening making martinis, pomegranate martinis and Old Fashioned. Nothing is more Mad Men-ish than an Old Fashioned, but it's too strong for my taste buds so I enjoyed a pomegranate martini. 


And these are the green olives that complement the regular martinis.


There were even Coke in bottles. Coke always tastes better in a glass bottle.


And my favorite touch was the typewriter. Both the pictures I took turned out blurry, but I'm a firm believer that throwing on a 70s filter can make nearly any picture look good, especially if it's a vintage photograph.


Now, obviously I didn't take the picture below since I'm in it (from left to right these fabulous people are: Stacie, myself, Kristin (birthday girl) and Angelica), but I figured I could take some creative credit on it. I edited it like whoa. I cut off our legs, threw my infamous 1970s on it, and added some smoke to the candy cigarettes. That has to be one of my favorite parts because it looks far too real. 


This is just snapshot of a few of the creative items around their house. Be jealous you weren't there.

No comments:

Post a Comment