Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153 & 154: 365 Project

We had a relaxing, eventful Memorial Day weekend. The first part was mostly just relaxing, then on Monday we went to Monterey for the day. It was good to get away to enjoy nice weather and good shrimp.


First of all, thank you to the men who have served and those who are currently serving. Your dedication to our country is very much appreciated.

On Sunday after church, Sam and I took advantage of the BBQ we have by the pool. It's the first time we've used it, and let me tell you, I wish we would have used it sooner! I love BBQ burgers. It was Sam's first time using a BBQ, and he did a great job!


And as you can tell from Sam's crazy hair, it was super windy outside.

On Monday we decided to get away for the day. I used some of the graduation money I got, so I guess it could be called a "graduation trip." It was a rather relaxing day, we left around 10 a.m. or so. Stopped off in Los Banos for some coffee and a snack. Got to Monterey and went to Bubba Gumps. Shrimp was so yummy! Shrimp is pretty much the only kind of fish I really enjoy. We walked along Cannery Row and Fisherman's Wharf. We stopped by Ghiradelli and got a sundae because I'm pretty sure it's some sort of sin not to. Okay, not really, but their chocolate is just too good to pass up. We got an espresso dark chocolate sundae. It was really good. Next time, I'm getting the peanut butter sundae.

Whenever I go somewhere, my "thing" to get as a souvenir is usually a T-shirt, but recently, my more cheaper choice is those squished pennies. I got one from Bubba Gumps and one that has Monterey, Ca with penguins on it.


 Little boat called The Little Mermaid!!! Love it!


Hmm.. Helmet (Safety First!) or really bad bowl cut? You be the judge.



Be careful, mister! That dogs poo is on fire! Okay, well, it's actually most likely grass. Not buying it though because there wasn't any grass in the area. It has to be fire!


Do you see the cute sea otter poking its head out? We saw a bunch of these little guys!





The weather was perfect and it wasn't too busy for being Memorial Day. It was a nice, quick getaway. Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend as well!

We also rented No Strings Attached, The Social Network and Due Date because I had codes that needed to be used before today. Yay for practically free movies! I paid $1 for free movie codes on Groupon (Or was it LivingSocial?). Worth it!

Happy June! Enjoy this wonderful weather before it gets too hot!

3 comments:

  1. I'm happy you had such a nice weekend!! I love your blog Miss Moose :)

    christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dog poo is on fiya!!! XDD

    Glad you had a good trip! :)

    -Sharon L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so ya know community bbq are not the most sanitary cookers due to people not cleaning properly and animals that may have gotten in and left feces best to use aluminum foil if you have to bbq.

    ReplyDelete