Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 160: Project 365

I've missed my little corner of the world.

I've fallen so far behind on my project because my laptop is broken and I'm too scared to open it up and turn it on. The screen has been wobbly for some time now and two weekends ago, I opened it up and it piece snapped off and went flying. I'm sure it's still usable, but I really don't want to make it worse. Unless I need to get something off the computer, or get an aching to use Photoshop or InDesign, I'll be using Sam's laptop. He was nice enough to set up my own account on his computer. I knew he was a keeper. Right now, I just don't have the money to get it repaired. I have a feeling Dell screwed up with this computer model because a friend of mine has the same kind and her's is doing the same thing pretty much.


For some reason, Sam's computer won't let me bluetooth from my phone, so it's a little harder to get pictures from there to here. I decided to just sync my phone with my email account so I can send myself pictures. It's kind of annoying though because I'm pretty sure that every time I get an email, it's going to notify me on my phone. I enjoy being connected with my smart phone, but I don't want to be that connected.

Anyway, hopefully I'll be able to get it fixed by the end of July since I don't get paid until July. Oh yes, I get paid. I have a job, and I'm really enjoying it! It's nice to have somewhere to be every morning. It's nice to interact with other people. I love learning about something new. All I know is journalism, english and photography so it's nice to be somewhere completely out of my comfort zone.

I'm working in an insurance office, and it's totally not where I expected to be, but I'm glad I'm there. The only downside is that I'm only part-time, but I'm praying that it'll eventually turn into full-time.

Sorry for the weird transition from laptop to job, but I'm just happy to finally have a job after months of searching and I wanted to share my joy with you.

God is faithful.
And I better not see any comments about Macs being better!

No comments:

Post a Comment