Friday, May 27, 2011

Day 144: 365 Project


Today I did something that I don't think I've ever done.

If you know me at all, you know I'm all about the color green and big purses. And it's even better when the two are put together! I like a purse to be able to fit my wallet, camera, water bottle, a pen, chapstick, advil, phone, kleenex, granola bar and maybe a book. Small purses usually don't work out for me because it can't fit all my essentials (yes, I know I have a lot of "needs").

Today I stepped out of my "big purse comfort zone" and bought a smaller purse. You can see it above, and see how small it is by comparing it to the regular-sized Red Vine. (I also love love love Red Vines) See? It's small!

I went to Kohl's today because I got a gift card for graduation. I also had $5 off and 15 percent off coupons. Plus, they had an extra 25 percent off all clearance items today! It was a good day for me to go to Kohl's. I ended up going to both the Kohl's in Clovis and Fresno. I really like the Clovis Kohl's. Not sure if it's because it's newer, or what, but they have a way better selection. For less than $30, I got this purse (orig. $36 for $5), a shirt (orig. $36 for $18), and a really cute necklace (orig. $60 for $9). That was before the discounts.

I was proud of my great deals. I probably wouldn't have gotten the purse if it wasn't so cheap. I'm glad I did because it'll be nice to have a smaller purse. It's also a purse where the strap gets really long and I swing it over my head and hold it like I would a messenger bag. I like purses like that!

Happy weekending!

No comments:

Post a Comment