Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230: 365 Project

I've been going to some shows lately with a friend of mine. Yes, Angelica and I are officially show buddies. It's fun to get out and hear some new tunes. It's even more interesting watching the different kinds of personalities at shows.

There's always that person who just stands there. The one you're not really sure if they're listening to the music.

Then there's those like me, who are watching, enjoying and there may even be some feet tappin' or swaying going on.

Some are on the creepier side: Those who are in the front row and practically worshiping the band. You wonder to yourself if they've possibly escaped from an institution so you check your local news station's Twitter feed.

And finally, my personal favorite, the interpretive dancer. They come in all shapes and sizes and they're always entertaining to watch.

Well, Thursday night, Angelica and I went over to Fulton 55 to see Strange Vines and The Fling. I really enjoyed both of the bands. Strange Vine was seriously insane. There was not one moment during the entire set where he wasn't playing at least two instruments.

His musical combinations:
Drums/Keyboard
Guitar/Drums
Tamborine/Keyboard
Drums/Tamborine

My personal favorite, which he did the most, was when he had one hand drumming and the other pounding the keys. It was simply amazing.

I also really enjoyed snapping pictures of both the bands.

The Fling








Strange Vine





Some randomness around the room.






Halfway through watching The Fling, we went upstairs. I definitely enjoyed it more upstairs than right in front of the stage. Great show and a pretty cool venue.

No comments:

Post a Comment