Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203 & 204: 365 Project

I've never been to a laundromat before; definitely not as an adult, maybe as a child but I don't really remember it much. Our apartment complex has several laundry rooms, but they either full, machines are broken or people will take your clothes out of the machine and leave it on the ground or on top of washer/dryer. Plus, it's way too hot to lug around several laundry baskets trying to find an empty room to wash our clothes. It's aggravating and takes up the entire day.

Yesterday, Sam and I went to Mammoth Laundromat around the corner from our apartment. It took a little more than two hours to finish. We just hung out there, read and just hung out.

I realized a laundromat and a hospital waiting room have a similar feeling in the atmosphere. 

Here's why:
  • You're there for a reason.
  • You are with family.
  • You're sitting around waiting for the results. (Hm. Missing a red sock. Did I throw it in with my whites? Guess I have to wait and see...)
  • You're either chit-chatting, napping, reading, watching a movie.
  • Nobody around you looks happy.
  • It can get expensive.
  • People are rude.
  • You know everyone there would rather be anywhere else.
Can you think of any other reason?

All this didn't keep me from being inspired. I had a lot of fun snapping pictures around the place.

Dexter Machines!










Only the biggest dryer I have ever seen!! I could have fit inside it.


I'm finally almost caught up on my project. I'm very excited. Hope you enjoyed my adventures in laundrying. Hopefully next time it'll be something more interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment