Friday, July 22, 2011

Day 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191 & 192: 365 Project

A little late on the 4th of July post, I know, but my motto is the wonderfully classic cliche, "Better late than never!"

Independence Day always looks the same for Sam and I; we spend it in Porterville with his family at the house of  family from his church there. It's always fun to catch up with friends, swim, eat good food, have some homemade ice cream, watch illegal fireworks and light some of our own on the lawn.

This is the view from their backyard. You can see all of Porterville!


And here's my somewhat patriotic picture of the night with some beautiful illegal fireworks in the background. 


Doesn't the picture below look peaceful, yet lonely? I strangely proud of this one. For some reason, after posting this picture, I had to listen to "The District Sleeps Alone Tonight" by The Postal Service.


And now for some of the legal fireworks!


And what's lawn fireworks without some grass fire? This definitely wasn't the only, or the worst time the lawn caught fire. Very entertaining!



Doesn't this just look creepy? I mean, with his face mask and everything? So great.

And this one is even creepier with him leaning over, all the smoke around him and the huge BBQ next to him.




It was a good Holiday. And as if you couldn't tell, I had a lot of fun taking pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment