Monday, April 16, 2012

Yup, I totally forded the river



This is definitely how I felt on Friday when I came home from work after a day of consistent rain. I have never see the front of our apartment complex so flooded in the four years I have lived here. I seriously thought that I was going to get stuck in all the water.

It reminded me of playing Oregon Trail when I was a kid. (Whenever I talk about it with Sam, he always references zombies since I must be talking about Organ Trail. Husbands, oi vey.) There was that point in the game where you had a decision to make:

1) Ask the Indian for help
2) Take the Ferry
3) Ford the River

On Friday, I definitely forded the river... and survived! I didn't lose any food, cattle, friends and Sam is still alive. I used to love to play The Oregon Trail. And now I really want to play it again! I need to find it for Windows 7.


I also have a new addiction: Reading tweets from @90sgirlproblem. It's like we were friends and she knows my life. I just love it!

Anyway, just being incredible nostalgic for some reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment