Saturday, October 25, 2014

A Genuinely Good Day

We all have those genuinely good days.
You know the ones.
The ones we remember throughout all those crappy days.
These handful (or maybe two handfuls) of days are typically comprised of the day you graduate, your wedding day, the day you get a puppy, when your baby is born, the day you buy a house, when you see your favorite band live for the first time.
But sometimes, maybe, an average normal day creeps in there. A day where you think how you just had yourself a good day.

Well, I recently had one of those.
10/18/14
It was my dear friend Angelica's birthday.
We went to Visalia for the Tastemakers Festival because Nick Waterhouse was going to be there. We love that guy. Friends came from Fresno, Merced, and Bakersfield to meet in Visalia.

It was one of the first beautiful days of Fall. We found some shade next to the Dickey's BBQ tent and parked ourselves on a blanket. We ate giant pieces of pizza. We laughed and talked. We held out our arms and Hazel walked to us. We spent time together, just hanging out on the grass and being with each other all while listening to the bands that were playing.

We moved closer to the stage when Strange Vine was about to start their set.
Then it was time for Nick Waterhouse. We took our shoes off and danced in the grass through his whole set. It was ridiculously fun.
















I am constantly reminded how blessed I am to have these wonderful people in my life.
All this to say that I need to write more.
And I need to write more about the good days.


Now let's hear it. I want to know about your average genuinely good days!

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun day. I love my Sunday's driving by the beach in Pismo to get some errands done. Makes me very happy.

    ReplyDelete