Thursday, December 16, 2010

My adverturous weekend before Finals week!

It started Friday night, and we were off to Porterville for the night. We stayed there, visited a little with the families, then we were off to Palmdale.

Goal: Christopher Bradney and Corinne Martinez' wedding!

An army of windmills in the Mojave.

Desert!

We saw snnooowwww!! Well, on the mountain tops, but still.

We get to Palmdale around 1pm or so. We hangout at the biggest Wal*Mart I have ever seen and stop by Pier 1. Then we go to my grandma and aunt's house. We were spending the night there then we would go to Redlands. Anyway, we get there and leave right away for a Music of Christmas show at my aunt's old church. It was fun. There was a ton of good music and pretty lights. We then went to meet my Aunt Shannon and Uncle Ran for dinner at Johnny Carinos. Amazing italian food! If you haven't eat there, you should. And get the nachos as an appetizer. Trust me, I know what you're thinking.. Nachos? Italian? But really, they're amazing. It was so wonderful to hang out with and see family.

We went back to the house and just hung out and talked. My grandma showed me old pictures. I love old pictures! There was one of me and my dad that I wish I would have borrowed to make a copy of. I was asleep on him while he was asleep. I love it! :)

The next morning we woke up to a wonderful breakfast of coffee, bacon and Cinnabon cinnamon rolls! So yummy. We actually left pretty late, but made it to the wedding early!

Eureka!Burger. Remember this post?
Well, the wedding was at the Chapel in University of Redlands. It was beautiful. Here are some of the highlights:


She surprised him with a song! It was beautiful.


"Yay! We're married." -- You know that's what they were thinking.
Their wedding was beautiful! I loved that it was Christmas-themed! Perfect. Once the wedding was over, we had some time before we headed over to The Mitten Building for the reception. In the meantime, Sam helped me go over some stuff in Watchmen for my final on Monday. It was a great help to me!

So we eventually moseyed on over to the reception where we were seated at a table alone. Well, we were seated with two friends who were unfortunately unable to attend because of car issues and the photographers. The photographers were so nice and I wish we got to talk to them more. Some highlights from the reception:





Groom's cake!


The wedding canole, of course.


I love Corinne's face in this picture! Gettin' her dance on!




It was so much fun to go and also just to see Chris and Corinne! So glad we got to talk with them for a bit. It's the first wedding that I've been to since I got married. Didn't participate in the bouquet toss.. kinda sad though because I've never caught the bouquet before. See! You can still get married without catching it. And Sam was thrilled not to have to participate in the garter toss! Haha.

After the wedding, we headed back home to Fresno. It was a long drive. I studied for my geography and popular fiction finals that I had the next day. We got home around 12:30am. It was an overall wonderful trip. Hope to do it again sometime!!!

1 comment:

  1. That wedding canole looks to die for! Tell me, how good was it?

    ReplyDelete